Thursday, March 15, 2012

Delaney Sweeney

The communication and conflict resolution class was helpful in certain ways. I had already heard a lot of what the speaker discussed, but it always helps to be reminded. My greatest communication strength is that I listen to all sides and then make a decision. I do not base my decisions upon one story, I like to see the full picture. My greatest weakness is that I hate conflict of all sorts. I never want to get in the middle of an argument, unless is has to deal with some one hurting some one I love. I'd rather just pretend like there was no problem and move on. I think my summit team has done a lot better communicating this semester. We got a white board and write messages on it for each other as reminders and as notes if we can't make it to our weekly meetings. We also do mass texts and emails to one another. I think the only thing we could improve on is reposnse time when getting back to each other. I think I can learn to deal with conflict better so that I can deal with situations that arise more easily. I need to learn to deal with conflict because it happens everywhere, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment