Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Heather Wharton

The class presentation on making connections and diversity was very interesting.  I found out things about people whom I live with that I did not know before.  I also learned that many of us had the same feelings towards certain subjects.  The activity was not supposed to single anyone out, but many times people were singled out.  It was a little awkward to be part of the smaller group and stare back at the larger group.  The key point I took away is that we all go through the same emotions.  This activity will help me in working with my community partner by being able to express myself in ways that my community partner can understand.  I will also be a better listener in order to understand my community partner.  This semester we are having a lake clean up with the 4H group and a lake clean up with the Girl Scouts!  We want you to keep in mind that our project is to help protect our water sources! If you want to get involved and make a difference go to http://www.projectaware.org/ and sign up today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment